Monday, February 28, 2011

I really wish they would stop doing this...

Will someone please PLEASE convince Hollywood that it is a terrible idea to make movies into t.v. shows or vice versa? Two of the few successes that comes to mind are Parenthood and Friday Night Lights. I haven't watched Parenthood but generally hear good things about it, and you all know how I feel about Friday Night Lights. (Which, if you haven't seen, please go to netflix and start watching. NOW.)



Beyond that, I keep having visions of The Dukes of Hazzard, The Beverly Hillbillies, State of Play, Miami Vice, and a slew of Saturday Night Live inspired skits. Okay, yes, The Blues Brothers is a classic. And Wayne's World was a commercial success. Does that really justify inflicting all of the other Saturday Night Live movies on an unsuspecting public? I think not.



Anyone else remember the Ferris Bueller t.v. show? For your sake, I hope not. It was a train wreck and almost ruined one of my favorite teen movies for me. Just thinking about it makes me cringe. Oh, and be sure to check out the hottie on the right. Yep, that's who you think it is.



The history of movies and television is full of crossovers. Most of the time they're a colossal failure, but when they're good, they're epic. Is there a t.v. / movie crossover that you're fond of? that you despise? What was good and/or bad about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment